Today Kestrels discussed why it is important to tell the truth. They watched a video in which there were a number of situations where lies were told. It seemed after the first lie was told… more lies followed. The children made choices after each situation, deciding on what the characters should have done next. It was an interesting discussion.
The class then noted ideas- it was clear that there seemed to be many consequences to lying:
• It can lead to serious situations
• It is setting a bad example
• You could go to prison
• You could lose friends
• Telling the truth will help people
• Little lies can turn into big lies
• Telling the truth stops you getting into trouble
Well done Year 5, your discussions were very mature and you explored each others ideas well.