Year 5 continued with their investigation skills this afternoon and set about finding information on Anglo-Saxon housing.
Their task was to gain facts about how and where Anglo-Saxons lived. Working in pairs gave the children to share their ideas and pool their thoughts together.
Some great facts were found:
- They made small villages
- Their homes were made of wood
- It took about 18 trees to make one home
- They cleared forests to make their settlements and fields
- The roofs were thatched
- They all lived in 1 room
- They had lots in one home, grandparents to babies
- They tried to have the homes facing the sun through the day
- They had a hearth in the middle of the room
- These were just some of the facts found before they began to write up an advert to sell an Anglo-Saxon home!